in cooperation with
Leveraging Ecological Economics to Advance the Sustainability Transition
5- 13 July 2024
For applying, please visit the specific web page that WILL be linked in the following University of Pisa webpage
Who can apply: The program targets Masters, Ph.D., and post-doc students. In special cases, bachelor students might also be eligible.
- Julia Steinberger, University of Lausanne
- Elisa Giuliani, Vice-Rector for Sustainability and the 2030 Agenda – Università di Pisa
- Elettra Stradella – Università di Pisa – “A legal perspective on the links between AI and gender issues” (provisional title)
- Gabriella Iermano – Università di Pisa – “Can Benefit Corporations help the sustainability transition?”
- Nicholas A. Ashford (Massachusetts Institute of Technology MIT, USA)
- Mario Biggeri (University of Florence, ITA)
- Leonardo Boncinelli (University of Florence, ITA)
- Nives Della Valle (JRC)
- Tiziano Distefano (University of Florence, ITA)
- Ralph Hall (Virginia Tech, USA)
- Tommaso Luzzati (University of Pisa, ITA)
- Simone D’Alessandro (University of Pisa, ITA)
- What should you know about Sustainable Development (and nobody told you)
- Georgescu-Roegen KW Kapp and basics in Ecological Economics
- Ecological economics, complexity, and system thinking
- Theoretical Ecology and its implications for Ecological Economics
- Measuring “sustainability” and “sustainability transition”: a multidimensional perspective
- The Inequality/Environmental Challenge
- New Economic Thinking – Community Wealth Building/Inclusive Capitalism
- An Innovation-based Approaches to the Sustainability Transition & Related Decision-making Frameworks
- Integrative Approaches to Achieving a Sustainability Transition – Policy/Law/Economics/Trade/etc.
One special Topic between:
- Ecological Macroeconomics and Integrated Assessment Models
- Behavioral Economics with a focus on Game-based Policies
The reading list will be available in May 2024 to registered students.
28 February: First application DEADLINE
07 March: decisions will be communicated to those who applied by 28 February
20 March: Financial support will be communicated to the accepted applicants
01 April – 21 April: Admitted student can pay the fees and book the accommodation. DO NOT PAY IT BEFORE!
31 March: LATE Application DEADLINE
07 April: decisions will be communicated to late applicants
14 April: Financial support, if still available, will be communicated to late applicants
15 April – 21 April: Late admitted students can pay the fees and book the accommodation.
06 May: Deadline for booking the accommodation
The registration fees are €500, covering tuition costs, lunches, and coffee breaks.
After 31 May, the €50 cancellation fee will apply only in case of a certified medical reason or other certified serious problems. In all other cases, no reimbursement will be provided.
We have reserved accommodation for about 30 participants at the Benedettine residence at a cost of €40 per night (double room, breakfast included, and a few single rooms are available at €45). The accommodation is available for the whole period. Please do not book a room before receiving instructions from us, unless you need proof of accommodation for your visa. If this is the case, please cc Prof. Tommaso Luzzati (tommaso.luzzatiATunipi.it) when emailing the residence.
A limited number of scholarships in the form of fee discount is available. To ensure a fair and just attribution of the scholarships, those who need some financial support, please apply by filling out a form that will be sent.
THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN ADMITTED can apply for financial support BEFORE paying the fee and tell their accommodation preferences
CLASS TIME SCHEDULE
The summer school will start on 5 July at 15:00 (Friday will also be on streaming) and end on 13 July at 13:00.
PROVISIONAL programme and schedule
Centro Congressi Le Benedettine (next to the Le Benedettine Residence)
Piazza S. Paolo a Ripa D’Arno, 16, 56125 Pisa PI, Italia
HIKING SUMMER SCHOOL
After the summer school, we will have 4 days of hiking and interactive classes (including the presentation of research by participants and discussions). Those who will join the hiking summer school will have the opportunity to leave their luggage in a safe place.
INFO will be available soon
FREE VISIT to the UNIPI’s MUSEUMs: