LOCOMOTION Massive Open On-line Course (MOOC)
The LOCOMOTION MOOC is a four-day online course that will happen on the 3rd, 6th, 10th, and 13th of November. The course will teach participants how to use the WILIAM (Within Limits Integrated Assessment Model) to develop and analyze policy scenarios for social and environmental sustainability. The course covers the following topics:
- Introduction to system dynamics and WILIAM
- Environmental sustainability (energy-resources-material modules)
- Social sustainability (economy-demography-society modules)
- Policy scenarios (storylines, WILIAM toolkit, and project work)
- Course Objectives
For the full description click here[link to the Full_Description_MOOC_LOCOMOTION file]
Upon completion of the LOCOMOTION MOOC, participants will be able to:
- Understand the basic principles of system dynamics and WILIAM
- Apply WILIAM to develop and analyze policy scenarios for social and environmental sustainability
- Use the WILIAM toolkit to create and visualize storylines
- Program and analyze scenarios with the Vensim software
Day 1[link to Schedule_DAY1] (3/11): Introduction to System Dynamics and WILIAM
Day 2 (6/11): Environmental Sustainability (Energy-Resources-Material modules)
Day 3 (10/11): Social Sustainability (Economy-Demography-Society modules)
Day 4 (13/11): Policy Scenarios (Storylines, WILIAM toolkit, and Project Work)
The LOCOMOTION MOOC is a mix of lectures, workshops, case analyses, exercises, and group activities. Participants will have the opportunity to learn from and interact with experts in the field of system dynamics and integrated assessment models.
Who Should Take This Course?
The LOCOMOTION MOOC is designed for anyone interested in learning how to use system dynamics and integrated assessment models to develop and analyze policy scenarios for social and environmental sustainability. This includes policy makers, researchers, students, and professionals from a variety of disciplines.
How to Register
To register for the LOCOMOTION MOOC, please visit the following website: https://iscrizioni.aicgroup.it/Login.asp?IDcommessa=A23064&Lang=EN
The LOCOMOTION MOOC is a unique opportunity to learn from experts in the field of system dynamics and integrated assessment models. Participants will gain the skills and knowledge they need to develop and analyze policy scenarios for social and environmental sustainability.